Decalogue of Anthropological Optimism
by G. Giaquinta
1. REMEMBER that God has created you with love, and with maximum love.
2. CONTEMPLATE His face in your heart as in a mirror: you have been
created in His image and likeness.
3. LISTEN every moment to God Who repeats to you: You are precious in My eyes, worthy of My esteem, and I love you.
4. LOOK at everything that happens with "good eyes" and with the mercy of God your Father.
5. LEARN to conquer evil with Goodness, with Love: in Christ, with Christ, and for Christ.
6. SMILE always, in joy and in sorrow, with hope and trust.
7. WITNESS the light of Christ in the light and in the darkness.
8. CHOOSE hope, and do not give into sterile pessimism with the excuse that you are a realist.
9. SING of the joy of being a "little thing" passionately loved by Christ who gave His life for you.
10. CONJUGATE these nine verbs of anthropological optimism for every person you encounter and in every moment: All things work for the good of those who love God, and...all are candidates for holiness!
Believe it with all your heart,
with all your soul and with all your strength!