Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Good Friday a call to embrace holiness...Jesus, truth!


Good Friday

by Teresa Monaghen


"Over his head they hung the accusation: Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews."Mt. 27:37

"Where is he who has been born King of the Jews, for we have see his star in the East and have come to worship him." Mt. 2:2



The Jews and the Romans did not recognize the King, but the foreigners did! All the signs were there, but so few had their eyes and their hearts open. I am touched by those who did, those who were able to see Jesus for who he truly was: the centurion, the good thief, the women...they knew, but most, however were blind. The fact that they tormented him excessively reveals they did believe; Jesus was King of the Jews and Son of God. Their hearts were deeply bothered by this awareness because truth challenges us, antagonizes and troubles us. Just being in the presence of the truth can stir us to reaction.

I pray that this Good Friday Night, this most holy night when we spend many long hours before the Cross, contemplating the cross, and confronted by the cross that the eyes of our inner life will be opened and strengthened to see and follow truth: to know who is the King of the Jews, the Gentiles and of our lives and embrace HIM

Who is He? He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords; He is King of our lives, come let us adore Him. Amen.

Lord, I know that you have loved me from eternity. You love me and long to make my relationship of love with you stronger and stronger throughout the years. Grant that this knowledge be the light that leads my every step, the norm that guides my every action, and especially the flame that burns in my heart instilling renewed strength for my journey.
(G. Giaquinta)

Share/Bookmark

No comments: