Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Our Lady of Trust Novena 2009

Day Nine Mary, Mother of Trust Virgin Mary, You are sweetness without end. I feel transformed, O Mother, when you smile at me. I admire the sunrise, the sunset enchants me, but nothing in the world is as radiant as you. You are model and guide on the journey of my life, you are my certainty in the world to come. Mother of Trust, my sweetness and my strength, look upon me, your child, never abandon me. And when, at the end of my life, I will dream new roads, may your light, Mother, illuminate my journey. I want to meet you. I want to venerate you. I want to lay my head on your heart and rest on it. Amen. (Servant of God Bishop W. Giaquinta, Founder of the Pro Sanctity Movement)

My dear children in Christ,
May Christ’s love burn in your hearts. Strive for conversion and keep in mind a firm determination: to ever-grow in the Trinitarian life so that the burning love of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit may abide in us, transform us making us Christ like, witnesses and apostles of holiness. Strive for holiness, be children of light, and be leaven of God’s love in your family, in the parish, at work…
May people recognize you as Pro Sanctity members from your life-style and the apostolic zeal with which you work to spread holiness and brotherhood wherever you live out your mission. I pray for each of you and ask Our Blessed Mother of holiness to sustain you and help you. The love of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit be with you all, and with your families.
Your father in Christ, Bishop W. Giaquinta (July 6, 1983)

A Closer Look at Our Lady of Trust: "Mary is wrapped up in her Son: Jesus is her all. Jesus rests in Mary’s arms. He invites us to go to Mary; to draw trust from her heart; to learn from Mary to walk in faith, hope and love; to hope against hope; to keep on loving even at the foot of the Cross. The embrace of Mary and Jesus expresses an invitation: to appreciate and strive to develop that tender bond of love uniting the Mother to the Son...a love that is poured out upon us, as their look directed toward those who look at the image seems to suggest."

"Mary pressing a cloth to the Child Jesus’ side: is she inviting us to reflect on the price her Son paid to bring about ‘the new creation’? Is Mary reassuring us that Jesus loves us infinitely, has given us His very life through the Sacraments of Mother Church, and that we, thus, have nothing to fear? She looks at us and looks... She wishes to free us from our fears, to transform us, and to unite us to her Son..." (Franca Salvo, Presentation on Our Lady of Trust, 2004)

"Make, O Lord, devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary of Trust bring to our lives a renewed love for her, but above all, for You and for all our brothers and sisters." (Giaquinta)

Please share the graces you have received during this time spent with your Mother. Where has she led you? What resolutions have you made? How will you celebrate the feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary of Trust?

Share/Bookmark

No comments: