Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pro Sanctity Reflects on the Stations of the Cross

For the last two weeks of Lent, the Station of the Cross reflections written and compiled by Pro Sanctity members and friends throughout the nation will be posted. Thank you all who contributed. If something strikes you after reading a reflection or your graces have deepened, please post it under Comments or e-mail joanpatten@gmail.com.

As you go through the stations, you are invited to pause at the Stations that speak to your heart the most and spend some time there. The Stations of the Cross are like 14 windows that allow us to enter into the passion of Christ and walk beside Him to the cross. Wherever you are invited to enter, trust that Jesus wants you to be there with Him and receive His love. Mary is our example and companion on the Way of the Cross. Ask her to show you how to participate in her Son’s offering to the Father.

Mary was able to live in herself the sentiments of Jesus-his gentleness and his sweetness-let us ask to her the strength to live after her example, especially the strength she learned from the heart of Jesus; that strength which helped her follow Jesus to Calvary.
–Bishop William Giaquinta

How have the Stations of the Cross impacted your life?

Comments from members:
I like to just take the Bible in my hands, find the passages that speak of Jesus “Via Crucis” and reflect on the “gospels stations of the cross’. It brings memories of my own walking through the streets of Jerusalem following the footsteps of the Suffering Jesus. I also recall the images from the movie” The Passion of the Christ,” (Agnes Rus, Apostolic Oblate, California)

The Way of the Cross has had a great impact in my life. For years and years, I have meditated on, contemplated, and striven to share in the suffering of the Lord as I paused and dwelt each of the stations. Each Station is very dear to me; each Station leads me ‘physically along the way taken by the Lord in His passion’ and manifests to me Jesus’ maximum love for me, for us, His sisters and brothers. Yes, the Lord loved and loves me/us to the maximum and I/we, too, have to love Him in return to the maximum! (Franca Salvo, Apostolic Oblate, Nebraska)

Share/Bookmark

No comments: