Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving from Pro Sanctity!

Eucharist means thanksgiving

A heart set on Jesus is a Eucharistic Heart. It is a heart filled with gratitude. The word “Eucharist” comes from the Greek meaning “thanksgiving”. Regardless of whether the blessings from God are great or small, I am one with the Eucharistic Heart of +Jesus. I live with a grateful heart.

A Eucharistic Heart is also a Sacrificial Heart. I am willing to be broken poured out as Jesus was for me. A sacrificial heart never cries out in times of trial or tribulation: “Why me, Lord?” In gratitude, it prays: “Why am I so loved?” Why am I so loved to be worthy to unite myself to the sufferings of +Jesus? (Fr. Mike Murphy, Retreat 2007)

Let us pause and give thanks for the Love we have received! Happy Thanksgiving!



Share/Bookmark

No comments: