Be Holy, Be Happy!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Immaculate Conception Novena Day 2 12-1-2010

Holy Mary, Mother of God, let me keep a heart of a child, pure and transparent like springwater. Let me have a simple heart that does not linger to relish its own sorrows. A heart rich in giving, and easily moved to compassion; a faithful and generous heart that does not forget a good deed, yet it does not hold a grudge for an evil one. Make my heart humble, capable of loving without demanding to be loved in return, happy to lose itself within other hearts and to sacrifice itself before Your divine Son. A great and indomitable heart that no ungratefulness may close and no indifference may wear out. A heart tormented by the passion and glory of Jesus Christ, wounded by his love with a deep wound that will heal only in heaven. (L. de Grandmaison)


I know for a fact that my heart is not simple enough.  At times I linger in the past both in joys and in sorrows in order to avoid dealing with a present that might be unpleasant or difficult even though I know my present task or relationship needs me more. 

Dear Mother Mary,

Help me to be fully alive in the present moment, with a simple belief that people are truly good and have pure motives and intentions, seeking their best in my interactions with them so that they see your love and your Son's love in me.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: