Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Immaculate Conception Novena Day 3 12-2-2010

Holy Mary, Mother of God, let me keep a heart of a child, pure and transparent like springwater. Let me have a simple heart that does not linger to relish its own sorrows. A heart rich in giving, and easily moved to compassion; a faithful and generous heart that does not forget a good deed, yet it does not hold a grudge for an evil one. Make my heart humble, capable of loving without demanding to be loved in return, happy to lose itself within other hearts and to sacrifice itself before Your divine Son. A great and indomitable heart that no ungratefulness may close and no indifference may wear out. A heart tormented by the passion and glory of Jesus Christ, wounded by his love with a deep wound that will heal only in heaven.    (L. de Grandmaison)

I know that I fail a great deal in the area of giving.  When I give it is so often solely from my financial resources which in reality is one of the easiest ways to give but with the least emotional commitment.  As I write this I know God is challenging me and all of us to give from the depths of our hearts to a world so desperately in need of unconditional love, kindness and affection. 

Dear Mother Mary

Please teach us to give and love as you did, completely of your body, mind, heart and soul for the redemptive work to which you were called.  Help us to feel overwhelmed by this task, but not so overwhelmed that we fail to try-- knowing that you and your Son will grant us the strength for which we ask and give us the words to speak to our brothers and sisters. 
Share/Bookmark

No comments: