Be Holy, Be Happy!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Immaculate Conception Novena Day 5 12-4-2010

Holy Mary, Mother of God, let me keep a heart of a child, pure and transparent like springwater. Let me have a simple heart that does not linger to relish its own sorrows. A heart rich in giving, and easily moved to compassion; a faithful and generous heart that does not forget a good deed, yet it does not hold a grudge for an evil one. Make my heart humble, capable of loving without demanding to be loved in return, happy to lose itself within other hearts and to sacrifice itself before Your divine Son. A great and indomitable heart that no ungratefulness may close and no indifference may wear out. A heart tormented by the passion and glory of Jesus Christ, wounded by his love with a deep wound that will heal only in heaven.    (L. de Grandmaison)

Mary is the perfect example of humility.  So often in her Magnificat, (Luke 1:46-55) she makes abundantly clear that it is God who gives her every blessing she has and He is the One to be praised by virtue of His resisting and acting against the proud but lifting up the humble.  I know I am too proud much of the time and seek for myself the love, admiration and credit that belongs to God alone, thinking falsely that I have done great things while knowing in my heart, that I would not be alive at all wtihout the grace of God. 

Dear Mother Mary,

Teach  us to be humble as you were, knowing that at all times the best road to choose is the road of humility because we have nothing that is not a gift from God's hands.  Help us to be grateful for those countless gifts and pass them along in the love we show one another. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: