Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Second Sunday of Advent

The second week of Advent has arrived! Have you come with it? Is this season of preparation slipping through your hands, or are have you been participating fully in this gift the Church gives us? As the time speeds by, I always feel like I have not taken full advantage of the season. Although this is true due to my weakness and poverty, the temptation is to get stuck in worrying about what I have failed to do perfectly. Jesus invites me to something greater.


During this time of preparation and waiting, He is inviting me to abandon myself to His care, to let Him draw close, to be with me, to heal me, to love me. This does not mean that I am to be nonchalant about my sinfulness; rather, it is the way of spiritual childhood which St. Therese continues to teach me. In humility I can run to the Lord to tell Him all my failings when the Spirit gently convicts me. In trust I can abandon my life, my projects, and my very self to His power and love. In my weakness I am unable to make myself be humble and to trust, but the Lord has planted those desires in my heart because He wants to fulfill them.

Christ wants to come to each of us in a deeper way this Christmas, in a unique, personal and amazing way. As Advent continues may we live it fully and let Him prepare our hearts by: fostering silence, being faithful to prayer, receiving His love, and by responding to His love with our love. Come, Lord Jesus!


(Reflection by Monica Hejkal)
Share/Bookmark

No comments: