Be Holy, Be Happy!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Our Lady of Trust Novena Day 8


Society

In God's plan, society is not just a conglomeration of families made up of individual people.  For Him, society has a specific duty in its own right.  It is society, in fact, that can completely fulfill God's plans.  Powerful examples of this truth are the Jewish people who, throughout the centuries, have kept their hope in the Messiah; and the new People of God, the Church, which brings the message of redemption to all.

I tend to blame “society” for the ills of poverty and injustice and immorality as though it were a nameless faceless villain that could be defeated.  I am thankful for this new definition given to us by Bishop Giaquinta in which society, in reality a group of people, can truly be an instrument of God’s plan. 

John   17:20-25
 20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
   24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
   25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[e] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”
As we pray with these verses let us feel God’s intense love for his disciples and all of us, ask what he is challenging us to do and for the grace to do it. 

Dear Jesus remind our family that we are a part of the society of love you wish to create and that you are calling us to expand our love so that more wil know of your love


Share/Bookmark

No comments: