Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, October 24, 2013

All Saints Day Novena Day 2

We continue reflecting on  Bishop Giaquinta’s Gospel of Maximum love today with the remainder of the paragraph that was quoted in day 1:

 “The absurd consequence (of being the cause of others finding Christ’s message alienating or repulsive – this portion added by me not a direct quote)  has been  that Christian truths, mutilated in their essence, concern, and relationship with Christ, have been taken over in distorted form by various non Christian philosophies and political parties”

This statement to me is full of truth, too often I, and many others I am sure,  have been hesitant in mentioning Christ as the reason for our  hope and the purpose for our lives.  I believe everyone at his/her core is searching for something to believe in, and without being in relationship with Christ, there are multiple other persons/groups that seek to fill the void.  If we truly love Christ as we say we do, this should break our hearts.  I know these words as I write them are coming from the Holy Spirit.  God, Father Son and Holy Spirit, longs more deeply than we can imagine  for everyone to know His love for them. 


Dear Jesus, give me the courage on this day to mention You and my relationship with You to one  person who needs to hear of your love.  Show me who that person is and what I should say.  I trust that you will do this with all my heart. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: