Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

DAY 7 WOMAN OF UNDERSTANDING

Today, February 1, is my mom's birthday. Happy birthday mom!!!

As I reflect on Mary being a woman of understanding it is so easy for me to believe because my own mother has always been such a wonderful example of that. Whenever I have a question or a problem or just need some advice, I can call her and she'll know exactly what to do.

Her wisdom and understanding have never steered me wrong. Whenever I run out of patience for a particular person or situation, she reminds me to be more understanding of others, and try to see things from their point of view

We can look at Mary in the same way. If our own mothers, as frail as they are, are such wonderful means of assistance and love, how much more will Mary, the mother of God himself who has so much more of His divine nature come to our assistance when we call upon her.

The last words spoken by Mary in Scripture were those at the Wedding in Cana, "do whatever he tells you". Her deep understanding will always lead us closer to her Son.

Thank you, Father God and Mother Mary for blessing us with such wonderful women in our lives and for always being there when we call upon you

Joan
Share/Bookmark

No comments: