Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Journeying with the Founder Day #222

Lord, I thank You completely because You wanted me to share in Your cross, in Your suffering, and also in Your tenderness… Lord Jesus, I sense that this is the way I am to live these last years of my life. How many will there be? I do not know, and I have no interest in knowing. I know only that I am to live them in union with You, Who loved me infinitely on the Cross and Who loved Your Father, my Heavenly Father, immeasurably. Lord Jesus, thank You for all You have done for me and have given me; thank You for all You will yet do for me. (Thanksgiving after Communion, March 19, 1989)

We often think that the Trinity is not only an unfathomable mystery, but also an invisible one…yet if we reflect a little, we can identify three tabernacles of the Trinity. The Eucharistic Tabernacle is also the Tabernacle of the Trinity because where the Son is, the Father and the Holy Spirit are also present. There is also the interior tabernacle of each one of us. “If someone loves me, my Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode within him.” We understand from this that the Trinity is present within us. Finally there is the tabernacle of the world. The whole of creation is the Father’s work with the presence of the Word of God and of the Spirit Who gives life. (Homily, Holy Trinity, 1988)


Share/Bookmark

No comments: