Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Novena for the Celebration of the Universal Call to Holiness - Day ONE

October 23, 2008

“You can do something I cannot do. I can do something you cannot do. Together let us do something beautiful for God.” Mother Teresa

Among Others – While the body needs bread, the heart needs love. Each of us is a living part of our brothers and sisters, and we owe material aid and, especially, spiritual assistance. All who cross your path are your brothers and sisters, but those persons with whom you usually associate are even more so your brothers and sisters – approach them as though you have always known them.

For those who ask nothing of you nor want anything from you, give them the gift of a most attentive prayer. Founder Bishop G. Giaquinta


Reflection by Anne Zugelder

Lord Grant Us Saints

Two years ago, I was asked to participate in the prayer core group. My first thought was I have no time. I was sick. I was tired. Then there were others who could participate in this endeavor. Dan would write the letter inviting them to prayer. I would add the prayer intentions and make copies. Marion would stuff the envelopes and mail them out. It didn’t take a lot of time and the rewards have been great. Prayers have been answered and lives have been changed. Today people call, send emails and slow mail asking for prayers which are included in the prayer letter each month.

For me I am more aware of the goodness of God in others lives. I am amazed at the trust some people put in god. I pray that my own trust in God will increase. I see the interconnectedness among the people of God in this simple act of prayer. How much comfort prayer gives to those who are suffering.

Anne Zugelder
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Dan and Joan Kash said...

Anne,

Thank you for your thoughts on prayer and ministry and for inviting Dan and me to participate, as is true for so many things ordered by God, we get so much more than we give when we follow His steps. All he asks is our faithfulness and He will accomplish the rest

Joan