Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Novena for the Celebration of the Universal Call to Holiness - Day Three

All Saints, all Brothers and Sisters who United in the Trinity
by Margaret Mathew - on the occasion of her birthday
!

“For if we continue to love one another and to join in praising the Most Holy Trinity – all of us who are sons of God and form one family in Christ – we will be faithful to the deepest vocation of the Church.”CCC# 959


“Jesus…was baptized in the Jordan by John. On coming up out of the water he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit, like a dove, descending upon him. And a voice came from the heavens. ‘You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.’”Mk 1:9-11

This bible passage we can see the unity of the Trinity. When Jesus was baptized by John, and the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him like a dove. Also the Father’s voice came from heaven “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” What a wonderful event! The same thing happened us when we were baptized, Heaven opened, the Holy spirit descended upon us, and also the Father’s, same voice came from heaven, Sometimes we forget this! We are God’s daughters and sons. We are call to be a dwelling place of Most Holy Trinity.

“The spirituality we present takes its orientation from the Father, Christ, and the Spirit. With these words we have traced the content of the first dimension of holiness. But how can we speak of a house, a Father, an older Brother, and a Spirit of Love, without thinking of those who live near us? They are our brothers because they are loved by the same Father, redeemed by the same Christ, moved by the Holy Spirit and have the same vocation to love-holiness that we do. We are all brothers living under the same roof, and at the same time, pilgrims toward the Father’s love”. Bishop William Giaguinta.

We can pray with St. Francis Xavier: "I adore you, God the Father who created me; God the Son who redeemed me; I adore you, O Holy Spirit who have so often sanctified me and are still sanctifying me. I consecrate to you my whole day for the pure love of you and for your greater glory. I do not know what is to happen to me today, whether troublesome things or pleasant ones, or whether I shall be happy or sad, in consolation or in grief. It will be as you please. I abandon myself to your providence and I submit to all your wishes.” Amen.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: