Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pro Sanctity Reflects on the Stations of the Cross

Seventh Station: Jesus Falls the Second Time
We adore You, O Christ and we praise You, because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.

Now is the judgment of this world, now shall the ruler of this world be cast out; and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." (Jn 12:31-32)

All of the Stations regarding the falls of Jesus have been a struggle for me. Pope Benedict XIV and others have helped me in this regard through reflections in which I am invited to enter into the Stations myself and to see Jesus as falling to raise me up. Through prayer I now see myself on the ground having gotten there in a different way each of the three times, and Jesus helps me up in a unique way every time. I invite others to do the same; pray with the Stations, picturing yourself in each one because the Lord has something beautiful to say to you as He gives you His life and His love unreservedly.
Submitted by Monica Hejkal

Lord Jesus Christ, you have borne all our burdens and you continue to carry us. Our weight has made you fall. Lift us up, for by ourselves we cannot rise from the dust. Free us from the bonds of lust. In place of a heart of stone, give us a heart of flesh, a heart capable of seeing. Lay low the power of ideologies, so that all may see that they are a web of lies. Do not let the wall of materialism become unsurmountable. Make us aware of your presence. Keep us sober and vigilant, capable of resisting the forces of evil. Help us to recognize the spiritual and material needs of others, and to give them the help they need. Lift us up, so that we may lift others up. Give us hope at every moment of darkness, so that we may bring your hope to the world. (Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, 2005, now Pope Benedict XVI)

Oh Jesus, I love you. I am sorry that you fell. Help me to be good. Amen.
Composed by Parker, age 8

Holy Mother, impress into my heart the wounds of your Son.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: