Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pro Sanctity Reflects on the Stations of the Cross

Thirteenth Station: Jesus is Taken Down From the Cross and
Received by His Mother

We adore You, O Christ and we praise You, because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.

Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy. When a woman is in travail she has sorrow, because her hour has come; but when she is delivered of the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a child is born into the world. So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. In that day you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father, he will give it to you in my name. Hitherto you have asked nothing in my name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. (John 16:20-24)


Like Jesus I am invited to give everything, and like Him to abandon myself into the loving arms of my Mother. Lying in her arms, having nothing more to give, feeling defeated, or not knowing where to turn, I have the comfort of Mary's loving me completely for who I am. Also, in her arms is where I find Jesus Who said with His life, "Zeal for your house will consume me." As a Baptized person I am the house of God, the dwelling place of the Trinity, and Jesus was completely consumed for love of me through each step of His Passion. I am invited to enter into this Station to receive Jesus' and Mary's love for me.
Submitted by Monica Hejkal, Aspirant Apostolic Oblate, Nebraska

The thirteenth station is something I struggle with daily. I judge my failures harshly. I demand perfection instead of holiness. My idea of success is for all to end well-according to My Liking. My prayer in this meditation. Let me accept praise or blame, or success or failure with equal serenity.
Submitted by Cynthia Urquides

Holy Mother, impress into my heart the wounds of your Son.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: