Be Holy, Be Happy!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Pro Sanctity Reflects on the Stations of the Cross

Tenth Station: Jesus is Stripped of His Clothes
We adore You, O Christ and we praise You, because by Your holy cross You have redeemed the world.

They stare at me and gloat; they divide my garments among them; for my clothing they cast lots. But you, LORD, do not stay far off; my strength, come quickly to help me. Deliver me from the sword, my forlorn life from the teeth of the dog. Save me from the lion's mouth, my poor life from the horns of wild bulls. Then I will proclaim your name to the assembly; in the community I will praise you: "You who fear the LORD, give praise! All descendants of Jacob, give honor; show reverence, all descendants of Israel! For God has not spurned or disdained the misery of this poor wretch, Did not turn away from me, but heard me when I cried out. (Psalm 22:18-25)


My favorite station would be the 10th, when Christ is stripped of his garments. It is a constant reminder that all that I have and all that I am comes from God alone. He desires that I use this cross as a reminder that all that I need comes from him and just as he entered into our world with nothing, but the arms of his mother, so should I let go of all my desires for worldly things and grow in love and trust of his mother; Mary, Her total abandonment of self for God reveals a trust that I need to acquire, for it is in heavenly things that my life will grow ever eternal toward her son’s merciful love and not in the things of this world. Peace..

Submitted by Teresa Pauls, Apostolic Oblate, Witchita, Kansas

O JESUS, my heart breaks to see you stripped of your garments and to see the wounds inflicted upon your body. My eyes want to turn away, and my heart cries out, “No, not me. I couldn’t have inflicted those wounds.” Help me to avoid hurting my neighbor with words or actions, and when I fail, as I invariably will, fill my soul with the light of your mercy and forgiveness. Amen.
Submitted by Davi

O Jesus, I know how you felt when the soldiers stripped you of your garments. Help others to learn how to love you as we do. I love you Jesus.
Composed by Teresa, age 9

Holy Mother, impress into my heart the wounds of your Son.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: