Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 8: Pentecost Novena

Spirit of light and fire, Spirit of holiness:

Come Holy Spirit inspire the Apostolic Oblates to be women of the future, courageous and builders of hope as they prepare for their General Assembly.

Love: the container of all the gifts. We were born for love, live for love and have in our hearts to die for love. It is the air that we breathe; we breathe because of love! Love is ALL – We exist because of the ALL. Holy Spirit you are the key to this container of love. With you we have access, awareness and ability to return love for love; to love as we have been loved; to live on love; to live for love; to be love! All that we do is nothing unless we turn the key and release the already given gift of love – the Spirit!

Like Mary we must give a nod of acceptance; we must say YES. The power of love will come over us but we have to show our wiliness to open and be opened, to receive and to give. Love is our greatest tool in this life, it covers a multitude of sins, it casts out all fear and it will help us to persevere and conquer all evil. Without love we are nothing.

Oh Lord, my heart sometimes feels empty because I do not go to the storehouse that you have given me the key to open. How silly to go anywhere without provisions. How silly to do anything without calling on your Spirit, allowing your Spirit to invade me, guide me, strengthen me…I worry, fret, nag, whine and sin all because I do not call on your Spirit of Love to be with me. Filled with love may I have the courage to change in order to be a builder of hope with the Holy Spirit as my guide. Amen.


(Contributed by Teresa Monaghen, A.O.)

Share/Bookmark

No comments: