Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

All Saints Novena Day 3, October 25, 2010

Our reflection on the quote of St Irenaeus continues as we consider "and the life of a man is the vision of God".  Taking the first portion of this phrase today - the life of a man, I again went back to the catechism.  I didn't have to search far as the first phrase in the prologue is "The Life of Man, to know and love God". 

Again it is reinforced to us that the very purpose of our existence is to know and love God who created us to share his life.  He did not create us because he "needed" anything- God is all powerful, all knowing and completely self sufficient.  I am overwhelmed when I think about the God who created the universe wanting me and you and all of us to share his life and love, so much so that He sent His son to die to accomplish it. 

Dear Lord,

Thank you again for my life that I too often take for granted.  Remind me that in every moment of every day, my purpose is not to do what I like with my time and my talents, but to know you, to love you and to make you loved by others. 
Share/Bookmark

No comments: