Be Holy, Be Happy!

Monday, October 25, 2010

All Saints Novena Day 4, October 26, 2010

Continuing our reflection on the phrase “the life of man is the vision of God”


Focusing today on the second half of that phrase, the vision of God

As I have been meditating on this phrase I cannot help but think that although it applies of course to our life now,  God who knows and sees all things at all times has a perfectly clear vision of eternity as well.  While we can sometimes feel “stuck” in our sinfulness and our weakness and our pain, God’s purpose in encouraging us to  try and start over again and again, is perfecting his vision of what we are now moving toward what we will ultimately become when we reach our heavenly home. 


Dear Lord


Thank you for having a vision of me that includes not only now but eternity as well. Thank you for sending your Son to purchase my eternal salvation. Help me to not forget, especially when I am feeling discouraged that you are with me at every moment guiding me and can see the end from the beginning.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: