Be Holy, Be Happy!

Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Lady of Trust Novena 2013 Day 4


Day 4
Jer. 17: 5-8
5 Thus says the LORD: Cursed is the man who trusts in human beings, who makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. 6 He is like a barren bush in the wasteland that enjoys no change of season, But stands in lava beds in the wilderness, a land, salty and uninhabited. 7 Blessed are those who trust in the LORD; the LORD will be their trust. 8 They are like a tree planted beside the waters that stretches out its roots to the stream: It does not fear heat when it comes, its leaves stay green; In the year of drought it shows no distress, but still produces fruit.

What graces have you received when you have put your trust in God? How does Mary’s Magnifcat teach you the “Way of trust”? 

Some of the greatest experiences I have had of grace when I put my trust in God happen when I am speaking and writing and ask for his guidance.  It seems before I know it that things are coming through my fingers and from my mouth that I know are not my own but coming from God through the Holy Spirit.  As I read the Magnificat what strikes me is that very little of it is focused on Mary herself and the vast majority is about God and the wonders He has done.  It is another example of complete trust.  What about the rest of you?  Please share your thoughts with us. 

Share/Bookmark

No comments: