Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

OUR LADY OF TRUST NOVENA DAY 7 FEBRUARY 11TH

 When the ascent to the perfection of the Father leaves us weary, whisper a word of help, O Mary – trust!

As I was thinking and praying through this sentence tonight, the word that caught my attention was ascent.  In the beginning of my thought process I was thinking about climbing and reaching higher to God through extraordinary effort.  The Holy Spirit, however had other plans which he showed me through a particulary sacrificial act of my loving husband.   My wonderful husband showed me tonight as he often does from his servant's heart, through an action he took in service of me,  that reaching to God is not achieved by striving to be great but rather the opposite, serving others in the humblest way possible without seeking an ounce of glory or credit.  Thank you Holy Spirit and my dear beloved for your continuous acts of service.  In focusing on the humility of Mary in accepting God's plan and the humility of God himself to be born in a stable and hang on a cross, surely this will lessen our own weariness and cheer us on toward holiness.

Prayer:  Dear Jesus and Mary thank you for your own humility and the example of those around us.    Help us to press on even in our weariness, knowing that you will not ask of us something you will not help us achieve. 
Share/Bookmark

No comments: