Be Holy, Be Happy!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My best friends are the saints!

"Each one," Pope Benedict said, "should have a saint that is familiar to him, to whom he feels close with prayer and intercession, but also to imitate him or her. (PBXVI)

 

I am always grateful to my parents for giving me a saint name, a saint middle name and the awareness that the saints were there for me and all I had to do is call upon them! How often as a child I imagined them surrounding me at night, each a place in my room. They were my first real friends and in many ways still are. I am forever getting “lost” along the way, but they are like a GPS guide, always there to assist in prayer and directions (their lives, writings and stories inspire me).

 

Dear Lord I am in awe of the gift of saints that you have given to me and to the whole Church. May we more and more know the power of friendship that starts on earth and leads to heaven! Amen.

 


Share/Bookmark

No comments: