Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012


All Saints Novena  2012  Day 2

Meet Saint Fr. Jacques Berthieu     

(1838-1896)

He was ordained a priest in 1864   and before finishing his novitiate he was assigned to the missions in Madagascar in 1875.  He became a highly successful missionary, nearly tripling the number of mission stations on the north side of the island. 

There were a series of wars between 1883 and 1896 due to the government’s fear of British and French colonialism.  Fr. Berthieu was attacked and killed during one of  these uprisings.  He was told that he would be spared if he would renounce his faith in Christ but he refused. 


Lord, I may not be called to be a missionary in a remote part of the world, but help me spread your love in my corner of it.  Give me the strength to stand up for my faith when I am questioned about it, to be ready to give a strong and loving witness for you


Share/Bookmark

No comments: