Be Holy, Be Happy!

Monday, October 29, 2012


All Saints Novena Day 7

Meet Kateri Tekakwitha      (1656-1680)

She is the first Native American  saint   She was born in what is now Auriesville New York and fled to Canada as a result of persecution.  She was baptized at the age of 20.  She was known for her life of prayer and penitential practices.  It was reported that people loved being around her when she prayed because they could feel the presence of God and see her face become more beautiful.   Kateri’s motto became “who can tell me what is most pleasing to God that I may do it?”  She loved the rosary and praying before the blessed sacrament.  At 23 she made a vow of perpetual virginity.  Her last words were “Jesus I love you”


Lord, teach me to deny myself more willingly for your sake and teach me to see more fully just how beautiful you are and communicate your beauty to others. 


Share/Bookmark

No comments: