Be Holy, Be Happy!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012


All Saints Novena Day 8

Meet  Anna Schaffer          (1882-1925)

 She was born in Germany to a devout Catholic family.  After her first communion she vowed to spend her life serving God.  At the age of 16 Jesus told her she would have to endure great suffering and she agreed to accept it.  In 1901 she was severely burned in an accident at her workplace.  As a result she was bedridden and extremely poor.  She later saw St Francis and after that she bore the stigmata, the wounds of Christ.  In spite of such suffering she still offered consolation in word and letter to all who would turn to her.  In a letter written 8 months before her death she is quoted as saying:  “The most important thing for me is to pray and suffer for the holy Church and her Pastors.  Whenever I receive Holy Communion, I fervently pray to our beloved Redeemer to continue protecting his holy Church and her pastors, to grant me the most agonizing martyrdom and to accept me as a little victim of reparation”  



Lord, how much I complain over the smallest inconvenience.  Teach me to offer my sufferings to you and to give encouragement in word or deed whenever I possibly can



Share/Bookmark

No comments: