Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Novena 2007- DAY EIGHT

O Emmanuel, God with us, our Kind and Lawgiver, the expected of the nations and their Savior: Come to save us, O Lord our God.

by Teresa Monaghen

Come to save us, Lord, Christ. I have heard it said we have lost the “sense” of needing a savior, an Emmanuel in our modern times. We are self sufficient and live for the day: “God, who needs God! We are capable of going on our own.” This could be true; we may act this way, but in my work of dealing with all kinds of people something very different emerges. I encounter many individuals, listen to them, see them and hear their anguish. Today I find so many who feel lost, confused, tormented, helpless…and on the list of individuals I place myself. We are a helpless, hopeless generation, and today, more than ever before in the history of humankind we need a savior, we need the Savior! Personally I do. I yearn for a Savior for I CANNOT do it alone, even when I step out in pride and think I can, I fall miserably. We all do. We need to allow God to be God and take our place behind Him. God is God and we are not, and only He can save us.

Come to save us Lord, O Lord our God. Amen.
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wo thankyou so much for that. i really needed to hear someone else say the same thing i was thinkin. thankyou!!!!!!