Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Novena 2007 - DAY SIX

My Birthday Present!
O DAWN OF THE EAST, brightness of the light eternal, and Sun of Justice: Come, and enlighten them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death.

By Jessi Kary, A.O.

O Come, Divine Messiah; O Come, O Come Emmanuel; Come Thou Long-Expected Jesus...so many of our Advent hymns remind us that we are waiting. Waiting for Jesus to come to us - in a new, amazing, the-world-is-never-going-to-be-the-same sort of coming.

Today, as I was waiting, I received a lovely realization:
Yes, it's true, I am waiting for Jesus - with eagerness and joy and anticipation and desire and pining...
But the deeper reality is that HE is waiting for me.

Waiting for me with an eagerness and joy and anticipation and desire and pining that exceeds what I can imagine. Waiting for me to turn, to be drawn to ever-greater conversion, to resist my mediocrity, to keep my gaze fixed on Him: to let Him be my Savior and my Beloved - at every moment, in every way, to the maximum.

Sometimes I seek Him; I pursue Him. Often, though, I become distracted and must "start over" and return to Him. His waiting pursues and strives to captivate me, is tireless and unceasing, meets me at every turn, and seeks me and seeks to be received by me. The poverty of the cave and the poverty of the cross reveal: Jesus waiting for me. For us.

As we wait for Jesus in these last days of Advent, may we prepare our hearts to respond, to the maximum, to Jesus Who waits for us.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: