Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Novena 2007- DAY FOUR

(December 19) O ROOT OF JESSE, who stands for an ensign of the people, before whom kings shall keep silence and unto whom the Gentiles shall make supplication: Come to deliver us, and tarry not.

by Teresa

As a gardener, I have seen dead things come alive - many times - every new season! I don't mean just the normal new growth that comes every spring; I mean what literally seemed dead, and even remained that way after everything else sprouts. A tree on our property this past spring seemed "dead dead" but one day, all of a sudden a green sprig popped out! It never fails to amaze me at the resiliency of roots.

It also never fails to amaze me at how God never gave up on us from our ancestors to this moment, he has never stopped believing in us, waiting for our new growth, and always waiting with open arms when we return to life. I believe that the awareness of the power of God's love is the greatest form of fertilizer! In our tragic time of horrific acts of violence, of young people killing others, of parents destroying their children...we need this kind of hope.

Dear Lord, O Shoot of Jesse,
With the life-giving force of your grace our dry souls can come alive and the hardened souls of those who seem dead to you will also revive. I pray for my conversion and the conversion of all sinners, especially for those who contemplate any form of violence agains others or themselves. I believe in your power to renew. I believe that peace will reign. Amen
Share/Bookmark

No comments: