Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lenten reflection day 1 Ash Wednesday

 Please join Pro Sanctity Members as we reflect on the Gospel reading each day of Lent. We will post this on our blog and our facebook page. Please share your comments and also please let me know if you would like to help with the reflections. If you would like to help please email me at djkash@cox.net
Lenten Reflection Day 1 Ash Wednesday
Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
But when you give alms,
do not let your left hand know what your right is doing
But when you pray, go to your inner room,
close the door, and pray to your Father in secret
But when you fast,
anoint your head and wash your face,
so that you may not appear to be fasting,
I like to be noticed and appreciated. When I read these words from Jesus I am convicted because I know many times the opinion of others means more that God's opinion of me
I want to strive this lent to do more "in secret". How can we be more detached this lent?
Lord please help us to know the beauty of eternal rewards as we draw closer to You this Lenten season
Top of Form



Share/Bookmark

No comments: