Be Holy, Be Happy!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Lenten Reflection day 3 2-12-16

Please join Pro Sanctity Members as we reflect on the Gospel reading each day of Lent. We will post this on our blog and our facebook page. Please share your comments and also please let me know if you would like to help with the reflections. If you would like to help please email me at djkash@cox.net

The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast. 

What does fasting mean to you?  I used to have a very limited definition of fasting, that it was abstaining from meat on Fridays during lent and sweets all the time.  

Those are very good sacrifices and should continue, but I have come also to think about the things that take up too much of my time that are  not of real value,  such as watching too much television and playing too many computer games. Let us strive this lent to make use of our time in a way that honors the Lord and spend more time in prayer and service and spiritual reading

Lord help me spend my time in ways that honor you, and fast from those things that are not of eternal value  



Share/Bookmark

No comments: