Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-10-16

Thanks to Anne Harsh for this contribution 

I do not accept human praise;
moreover, I know that you do not have the love of God in you. How can you believe, when you accept praise from one another and do not seek the praise that comes from the only God?

Work without love is like a noisy gong ?  But if someone who doesn't  love gives a starving person food, isn't it still good?  If  the love of God is not in that giving, the  prisoner is still in their cell with their food.  But if that giving is done in God's love rather than the giver's self love, the prisoner will be set free. How often do I do good works with motives corrupted by my desire to be loved and provide that love for myself?

Jesus, please give me the grace to open my heart to your divine flashlight.  Let it shine not just on my wicked deeds but on the impure motives in my good deeds.  Purify my motives for all the good deeds I do so that only your perfect love that casts out all fear is the fruit. Your love that sets the captives free.



Share/Bookmark

No comments: