Be Holy, Be Happy!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-22-16

Peter said to him, “Master, why can I not follow you now?  I will lay down my life for you.”  Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me?  Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times.”

All of  us have denied the Lord at some point, either by overtly saying we do not know Him as Peter did, or by not speaking in His defense when others have maligned Him.  It is comforting to know that even though Peter did deny Him, Jesus still made him the head of His Church.  The mercy of God is so vast that we cannot fathom it.  Even though He knows our humanity and that we will fail, He still wants to use us to spread His message of love


Lord, thank you for this jubilee year of mercy.  Give me the courage to stand up for You, and when I fail give me the humility to ask for forgiveness.  

Share/Bookmark

No comments: