Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-23-16

One of the twelve who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?”  They paid him thirty pieces of silver.

I read that thirty pieces of silver was not the price for a wealthy man, but rather what was paid for a common slave.  As I ponder this I wonder if I treat the Lord in this manner.  I know that Jesus wants to have a relationship with me and to be my friend, but sometimes I focus on this too much and fail to remember that He has the title of King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  I also know many times I ask Him to do things for me as a slave owner would.


Lord I know that you want to have a relationship with me and be my friend, but I also know  that you are the creator of the universe, and I am your servant and not the other way around.  Forgive me for the times I have failed to acknowledge this and help me to honor you as you deserve.  

Share/Bookmark

No comments: