Be Holy, Be Happy!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-1-16

Peter approached Jesus and asked him, “Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him?  As many as seven times?”  Jesus answered, “I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times”

Our human nature limits us.  On our own, we only have so much time, patience, love, strength and energy.  What Jesus is telling us here is that if we lean on Him, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, our resources are infinite.  The easy way out is to give up and push back when things get difficult.  We must learn to stop and pray for His guidance in these situations.


Lord, when I am tempted to give up and repay anger with anger and weakness with weakness, help me to stop and look to You so together we can overcome hatred with love.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: