Be Holy, Be Happy!

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-16-16

“If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Many years ago, I made a friend who wrote me letters every week for an entire summer.  I could hardly wait for the mail.  I read and reread every word.  I was completely astonished by the  sweetness in the pages.  As I think back on that time, I feel convicted by the Spirit.  My relationship with God through His word, is not nearly as alive.  Sometimes I read His word, most often I do not, or do so only half heartedly.  The love that gave to the point of death for me deserves everything from me in return. 

Lord, give me a love for Your word that I might be completely free to do your will with joyous abandon

Share/Bookmark

No comments: