Be Holy, Be Happy!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-21-16

Mary took a liter of costly perfumed oil made from genuine aromatic nard and anointed the feet of Jesus and dried them with her hair; the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil. 

Mary knew Jesus well.  She loved Him deeply and listened closely to His teaching and felt His love for her personally.   She did this to express her love for him.  As I read these words I realize my love for him is not as lavish.  Many times I have felt his love for me and been moved to tears, but I also must acknowledge there are days when I barely speak to you at all. 


Lord, help me to realize that my love for you will only deepen if I spend more time with you, in prayer,  in your word and in the sacraments.  Remind me that I owe my very life to you, and help me to lavish you with the love you deserve.  

Share/Bookmark

No comments: