Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-20-16 Palm Sunday

They proclaimed:  “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.  Peace in heaven and glory in the highest.”  Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.”  He said in reply, “I tell you, if they kept silent, the stones would cry out!” 

As I read these words about the stones crying out, the Holy Spirit again convicts me.  I am perfectly comfortable talking about my faith with other parishioners after Mass or in a group of Christian friends, but too often in other places I keep silent. 


Lord, give me the courage to speak your name in the public square,  knowing that if my faith doesn’t cost me anything, it is hard to prove that it exists at all.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: