Be Holy, Be Happy!

Friday, March 11, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-11-16

Thanks to Anne Harsh for this contribution 

Could the authorities have realized that he is the Christ?
But we know where he is from.
When the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from.”
So Jesus cried out in the temple area as he was teaching and said, “You know me and also know where I am from.
Yet I did not come on my own, but the one who sent me, whom you do not know, is true. I know him, because I am from him, and he sent me.”

They didn't recognize Jesus among them because He was familiar and not what they expected Him to be.  They avoided him because He didn't make them feel comfortable. This brings to my memory a recent experience, but one of many like it in my life, where an unfamiliar person was placed in my path.  Someone who on the surface looked unassuming and not of interest to me.   I made small talk long enough to meet the minimum requirements of being a good Christian then proceeded to ignore him the rest of the evening, instead looking for those people I knew and felt comfortable with.  Later in prayer God brought this person to my recall, gently but truthfully chastising me asking, "Why did you overlook me?"  How many opportunities to look into the face of God have I missed?  How many interactions with God through all kinds of diverse people have I passed over?


Jesus, grace me with the desire to find you in all the hidden gems that you place in my path.  The beautiful opportunities to look beyond the simple everyday exteriors into the radiance of you dwelling inside all of your beloved children.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: