Be Holy, Be Happy!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-6-16

Thanks to Heidi Knofczynski for this contribution 

‘My son, you are here with me always;
everything I have is yours.
But now we must celebrate and rejoice,
because your brother was dead and has come to life again;
he was lost and has been found.’”

Are you an elder brother?  Are you so caught up with works of piety that you forget to stop and receive the Father’s love?  Most of us fall into this as some point or another, which is why It is so necessary on a daily basis to stop “doing” and be still in prayer.  When we sit before the Lord  in prayer His deep and abiding love gently reveals our vain motivations for doing even good things as He purifies these motivations in His love.  When we know His love we will not be caught up in counting the trespasses of others, like the  elder brother in this parable.   The resentment he stirs up by comparing himself against the trespasses of his brother is false because his father’s love was always at hand.  Whether our sin is outward and obvious or inward and not so obvious, we are all becoming new creations in Christ if we receive what He is freely pouring out upon us even at this moment.


Father, Quiet my busy mind and open my heart to receive all that you have to give me,  purify my motives and give me true joy for all the blessings you pour out on all of your children, particularly the prodigals who have come back home.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: