Be Holy, Be Happy!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-12-16

Thanks to Anne Harsh for this contribution 

“Does our law condemn a man before it first hears him
and finds out what he is doing?”
They answered and said to him,
“You are not from Galilee also, are you?
Look and see that no prophet arises from Galilee.”

Have you ever skipped a workshop with a compelling theme because you knew the speaker? I have. Even within our Catholic Community we tend to look upon others based on categories to discern their holiness. Charismatic or dogmatic, Home school or public school, early morning Mass goers or "lazy Mass" attendees, people who go to the same retreats as me or those who don't. It is so much easier for me to accept the word of God from those I don’t know because I am not familiar with their flaws. I have not categorized them in one of my boxes. But in this attitude I am convicted of my tendency to see the “good” as being generated by the person rather than the work of God through them. Jesus said “Why do you call me good, no one is good but God alone”.

Jesus, bless me with the eyes to see the potential in every person to be an instrument of your grace, knowing that all good and perfect gifts come from You.



Share/Bookmark

No comments: