Be Holy, Be Happy!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Lenten reflection 3-24-16 Holy Thursday

If  I, therefore, the master and teacher have washed your feet, you ought to wash  one another’s feet.  I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do. 

There are not many clearer examples in all of scripture of service.  Jesus Christ, the creator of the universe, bending down to wash the disciples feet, and telling them as well as all of us to follow His example.  What does service mean to you?  It may mean doing the family’s dishes after a meal, writing a letter to a friend who needs encouragement, or serving at a soup kitchen among countless other examples.  God has given each of us unique gifts that we may serve one another in a particular way for the benefit of the Kingdom. 


Lord,  lead me to people and places that need a touch from you, that I might serve you in gladness with my words and my actions.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: